Meet Amy Eisenstein
Amy Eisenstein, ACFRE is an author, speaker, trainer and consultant. Before creating her own consulting firm in 2008, Amy served for more than ten years in the nonprofit sector as director of development in large and small nonprofit organizations, including the New Jersey Institute for Social Justice, the Associate Alumnae of Douglass College at Rutgers University, and Shelter Our Sisters, a domestic violence shelter. For these organizations, Amy raised millions of dollars through capital and annual campaigns, direct mail, major and planned gift solicitations, fundraising events, and writing grants.
- Mastering Major Gifts Online Course
- Major Gifts Research Project, results available here
- Board President, Association of Fundraising Professionals, NJ Chapter 2014 and 2015
- Advanced Fundraising Certification, ACFRE, 2013
- Leadership New Jersey graduate, 2011
- AFP Certified Master Trainer, 2009
- Certified Fundraising Executive, CFRE, 2004
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Wagner Graduate School at NYU, 2000
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Douglass College, Rutgers University, 1997
Published Books Include
- Major Gift Fundraising for Small Shops
- Raising More with Less: An Essential Fundraising Guide for Nonprofit Professionals
- 50 A$ks in 50 Weeks: A Guide to Better Fundraising for Your Small Development Shop, 2nd Edition released in 2017
Amy is a frequent speaker at national and local conferences as well as at staff and board retreats on a variety of topics, and would love the opportunity to energize your board and staff members around fundraising.
Clients include a wide range of social service, healthcare, and educational agencies. Amy helps organizations build capacity by strengthening their staff and board leadership’s fundraising knowledge and abilities. She trains nonprofit leaders to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and existing donors in a practical, hand-on manner.
Sign up for weekly fundraising tips at www.amyeisenstein.com.
Major Gifts Fundraising For Small Shops
Major Gift Fundraising for Small Shops will guide you, in only five hours a week, to safely and surely meet the challenges of getting your organization ready for major gift fundraising, all the way up to that all-important ask — and beyond.
In Major Gift Fundraising for Small Shops, you will learn:
- How to leverage your annual fund in the most efficient way possible
- The ideal size of a major gift for your organization
- Who, when, where and how to ask for a major gift
- The exact language to use when asking for a major gift
- And so much more!
50 Asks in 50 Weeks (Second Edition)
Learn how to identify new prospects for your organization and systemize your asking. You’ll raise far more money this year and every year when you discover the secret to making 50 asks in 50 weeks! It’s the perfect handbook for small development shops.
50 Asks in 50 Weeks will teach you how to:
- Identify new prospects
- Ask for gifts more frequently and easily
- Create a fundamental development plan
- Understand the basics of fundraising
- Collaborate with your board on fundraising
- Hire your first development staff member
- Work as a cohesive development team with your executive director, development staff members, and board members
Raising More With Less
Raising More With Less will take the reader step-by-step through creating or improving the organization’s development program, whether or not it has paid fundraising staff members or is fortunate enough to have one full-time staffer or more.
In Raising More With Less, you will learn:
- How to build the fundraising board of your dreams
- How to create a development plan for success and improve fundraising results in eight simple steps
- How to use technology to enhance your fundraising results
- How to raise more money using bulk mail, face-to-face solicitations, and planned gifts
- How to improve your special event results through sponsorship
- How to increase grant revenue through relationship building
- Much, much, more!